Counselling & Psychotherapy Service in Maidstone, Kent
Kent Counselling & Psychotherapy Service (KCPS) has been established for over twenty years and takes pride in offering a caring, professional service.
WE CAN SUPPORT YOU THROUGH THIS CURRENT UNCERTAINTY WITH TELEPHONE OR VIDEO CALL COUNSELLING
The impact of coronavirus on our mental health is huge. Our current situation has exacerbated any original insecurities and fuelled fears of loss, change, being isolated and many more difficulties. We want to offer a service to support not only our Key Workers but to anyone who needs to work through and be supported through this unsettling time.
Reduced rates under the current instability.
We are a team of BACP Accredited Counsellors and UKCP Registered Psychotherapists. We aim to offer a supportive, therapeutic relationship to help you think about the things that are troubling you.
Relationship difficulties with parents, partners, siblings, children or friends can be understood. Or the difficulty of not having a relationship.
INDIVIDUAL, COUPLES & ADOLESCENT
KCPS helps men, women, adolescents and children in Maidstone and surrounding area. Our practice is in Maidstone Community Support Centre, in the town centre, where a range of services are available.
CBT, Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Training & Opportunities for Therapists
Anger Management 10 week Programme.
Counselling Service for College Students and Staff.
How does it work?
After a brief telephone conversation an Initial Assessment Session will be offered with a counsellor or psychotherapist who has been trained to listen and make sense of things that may be troubling you. The setting is safe and confidential. The therapist will listen to what is troubling you now and also take a more detailed history of when the problem first started. Sharing a problem can be hugely beneficial, the trained ear can help to understand the conflicts of the mind. Expressing anger, confusion, sadness and other emotions can bring a sense of relief.
Talking to a counsellor or psychotherapist can help with:
- Depression. Anxiety. Loneliness and Feeling Insecure. Frustration. Anger. Low self esteem. Conflicting feelings.
- Marriage Breakdown. Uncertainties about Relationships.
- Panic Attacks.
- Loss. Fear of Loss.
- Workplace Issues.
- Women or Men who have suffered childhood abuse or currently in an abusive relationship.
- Anger and how it impacts on relationships. Feelings of losing control. Anger Management Course.
- Personality Disorders.
- Stress or anxiety due to fear of failure, PTSD, traumatic events.
- Postnatal Depression.
- Relationship problems such as difficulty in finding and sustaining relationships, separation, bereavement, betrayal, trust issues, insecurity. Difficulty in letting others be close and intimate. Paranoia. Repeating patterns.
- Betrayal. Having affairs or sex outside the marriage. Confessing or being found out.
- Physical, Sexual or Emotional Abuse; Bullying.
- Sexuality: Exploring Sexual Orientation. Issues with Sex. Difficulty in the bedroom. Viewing porn or partner viewing porn.
- Eating Disorders including Anorexia, Obesity, Bulimia, BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder aka Negative Body Image)
- Employee Assistance Support: workplace pressures, personal issues affecting your performance, job-related stress. KCPS provides counselling for staff of local business's and schools.
- Counselling for the staff of Academy's and Schools.
- Counselling for Couples: KCPS have counsellors who work specifically with Couples and are specialists in Relationship Therapy.
- Counselling for Children: KCPS have counsellors who work specifically with Children and Families.
- CBT and Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy for Men and Women of all ages.
- CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
The First Step:
If you have any questions or wish to make an appointment to arrange an initial consultation:
Please ring: 01622 754853 all calls will be treated confidentially
To find us click CLICK HERE